Training for New Certified Exchange Producers
- Complete federal training (5 hours of online training)
- Complete state training through AD Banker http://www.adbanker.com/. The course is estimated to take 2-3 hours. The fee for the course is $49.95.
- Two 90 minute CSI webinars are optional but recommended to prepare producers to sell in the marketplace.
- Webinar 1 from September 5, 2013 - Slides - Recording
- Webinar 2 from September 12, 2013 - Slides - Recording
- Apply for CEP certification with CSI. Online certification applications are available at www.nipr.com.
Click on "Producer/Agent/Broker/Business/Agency Adjuster," click on "Resident" under "Apply for a new license," click on "Begin Application" on the blue left side bar. Paper applications are also accepted. There is no fee for CAC certification. The online processing fee is $5.00.
- CEPs should request appointments with all Marketplace carriers.
Requirements for Returning Certified Exchange Producers
The Federal Marketplace requires Certified Exchange Producers to complete annual registration and training. If you plan to return to the marketplace as a Certified Exchange Producer for the 2015 plan year, updated federal training must be completed by September 30, 2014.
An overview of registering to participate in the Marketplace for the 2015 plan year is in the following PowerPoint presentation from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Our office will conduct informational webinars closer to open enrollment and look forward to your participation.
Additional CMS Resources: